Things to do around Park City, Utah
Park City, Utah is a popular destination for outdoor enthusiasts and offers a variety of activities year-round. Here are some things to do around Park City:
- Skiing and Snowboarding: Park City is known for its world-class ski resorts, including Park City Mountain and Deer Valley Resort. These resorts offer a range of skiing and snowboarding terrain for all levels, as well as other winter activities such as snowshoeing and cross-country skiing.
- Historic Main Street: Take a stroll down Historic Main Street, which offers unique shops, art galleries, restaurants, and bars. You can also check out the Park City Museum, which showcases the city's mining and skiing history.
- Utah Olympic Park: Visit the Utah Olympic Park, which hosted several events during the 2002 Winter Olympics. You can take a guided tour of the facilities, try bobsledding or ziplining, or watch athletes train on the ski jumps.
- Hiking and Biking: During the summer, Park City offers a variety of hiking and mountain biking trails. You can hike or bike on the many trails around Park City Mountain and Deer Valley, or head to the nearby Uinta Mountains for more challenging hikes.
- Fly Fishing: The nearby Provo River offers excellent fly fishing for trout, and there are several outfitters in the area that can provide equipment and guided tours.
- Golfing: Park City has several golf courses, including the Park City Golf Course and the Jeremy Golf and Country Club.
- Sundance Film Festival: Park City hosts the annual Sundance Film Festival in January, which features independent films from around the world and attracts thousands of visitors each year.
- Hot Air Ballooning: Take a hot air balloon ride over the scenic landscape of Park City and the surrounding mountains.
These are just a few of the many things to do around Park City, Utah. Whether you're visiting in the winter or summer, there's something for everyone in this beautiful mountain town.