Coral Pink Sand Dunes State Park
Coral Pink Sand Dunes State Park is a unique destination located in Southern Utah, just outside of Kanab. The park is known for its towering sand dunes that are a unique pink color, making it a popular destination for photographers, hikers, and ATV riders.
Here are some things to do at Coral Pink Sand Dunes State Park:
- Sandboarding and Sledding: The sand dunes at Coral Pink Sand Dunes State Park are perfect for sandboarding and sledding. Visitors can rent equipment or bring their own to slide down the dunes.
- Hiking: There are several hiking trails at the park, ranging from easy to difficult. The most popular trail is the Coral Pink Sand Dunes Trail, a 2.4-mile loop that takes visitors through the heart of the dunes.
- ATV Riding: The park offers designated areas for ATV riding, with over 3,000 acres of open sand dunes for visitors to explore.
- Photography: The unique pink sand dunes provide a stunning backdrop for photographers. The best time to take photos is during the early morning or late afternoon when the light is soft and the colors are vibrant.
- Camping: There are two campgrounds in the park that offer RV and tent camping. The Sand Dunes Campground is located near the dunes and offers stunning views, while the Juniper Campground is located in a more secluded area of the park.
- Wildlife Viewing: The park is home to a variety of wildlife, including mule deer, desert cottontails, and several species of birds. Visitors can take a leisurely stroll through the park and observe the local wildlife.
- Picnicking: There are several picnic areas in the park that offer stunning views of the sand dunes. Visitors can bring their own food or purchase snacks and drinks at the park's visitor center.
Overall, Coral Pink Sand Dunes State Park is a unique and beautiful destination that offers a variety of outdoor activities and stunning scenery.